Tuesday 2 December 2008


Quote of the Week:

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room !!

Oh my gosh, is it Tuesday already? Where are the days going lately? Everyone is madly preparing for the festive season which is only weeks away now - the elbows are coming out in the supermarket aisles and the 'push and shove' is getting a little heavier on the footpaths as people go about their Christmas shopping.

I must confess right here and now, that I haven't even thought about where to start - my girls put up our Christmas tree last night, a tradition in our house on the 1st December every year.
It's lots of fun watching them pull out all of their creations that they have made over the years from kindergarten to now - how many nativity sets made out of shoe boxes and empty toilet rolls can one family possibly have? Then there are the reindeer tree decorations made from pegs complete with boggly eyes and pipe cleaners for their antlers - not to mention the angels made from paper doilies . . . how many of you out there can relate to this?? I haven't the heart to throw any of it out - there's nothing better than hearing them say 'remember when I was four . . . . and I made this at Kinder' . .

Deirdre spent all of her Sunday decorating her place for Christmas - she is being very minimilstic this year - down from ten trees to only four. FOUR!!!! But it does always look beautiful. I wonder how many shoe box nativity sets she still has?

Now because Christmas is a time for giving, we would like to have a giveaway, so if you have a funny Christmas story that you would like to share with us, leave a comment and we will announce the winners next Monday. The three lucky recipients will each receive a copy of my pattern "Tiny Treasure Cones", that you can see at the top of the page.
Thank you to everyone who left lovely comments through the week - it is so nice to read them all. I'm off to start on my Christmas list . . . have a great week.
Until next time,
Leonie & Deirdre - The Quilted Crow


4 comments:

Jan said...

My story is about the real Christmas tree that wasn't! We were living on a 5 acre block in the tasmanian countryside and my young daughter and I thought how nice it would be to have a real Christmas tree. So we cut off a big limb from one of our pine trees, dragged it inside and decorated it beautifully. But once my husband came inside, the real tree had to be quickly swapped for a fake one as it had made him very wheezy and his skin was covered in red, itchy lumps. Not a funny story, really - well, not for him!

Carrie P. said...

Love the cones. I don't know if this really is a funny story or not. We build a new recreation/TV room over our garage and we decided to put our Christmas tree in that room. We had it all decorated and it was beautiful. The next day we went back upstairs and the tree had fallen over. Water was all over the carpet and broken glass ornaments. That was the last time we put the tree up in that room.

Marita said...

My daughter came home recently and announced she was an angel in the kinder play. I said do you know the story of christmas...her reply. Well the angels took the baby Elvis to Bethlehem. Obviously my bad influence with my Elvis Christmas Album!

Cleo said...

My daughter came home recently and announced she was an angel in the kinder play. I said do you know the story of christmas...her reply. Well the angels took the baby Elvis to Bethlehem. Obviously my bad influence with my Elvis Christmas Album!